The Home assists families in a variety of ways for placement of an infant/young child domestically.
In some instances, The Home has custody of the child and will be considered the "placing agency." In other cases another agency will be considered the "placing agency" but some of The Home's services will be needed in order to facilitate the placement of the child.
Most families work with a variety of sources in order to locate a birth family who may be considering making an adoption plan. The Home can work with prospective adoptive families that have identified a child/birth family in or out of state, families that are working with another agency who will be considered the "placing agency" and families who are matched with a birth family who is being counseled by The Home's Expectant/Birth Parent Counseling Program.
Massachusetts is one of the states that requires agency involvement in the adoption process.
We provide the following services:
- Adoption home study of prospective adoptive parent(s) and home study updates
- Adoption educational series for prospective adoptive parent(s)
- Pre-placement coordination
- Facilitation/coordination with second agency during the matching and pre-placement
- Potential matching of adoptive parent(s) with all infants and children voluntarily relinquished to The Home through our counseling services
- Interstate Compact services (necessary for any adoption that takes place between 2 states)
- Placement and post-placement supervision
- Legalization of the adoption after the child has been in the home for at least 6 months
- Post legalization support (see Post Adoption Services)