The Home for is currently seeking to renew our Hague Accreditation. As part of that process, we are providing an opportunity for the public to comment on our performance as an adoption agency.
The Home provides home study, pre-placement coordination, and post-placement/legalization services to families adopting through a variety of intercountry sources. The Home for Little Wanderers also has a formal partnership with a very well-established intercountry agency, Children's Home & Family Services (MN), and works with this agency to assist Massachusetts' families in adopting a child/ren. This intercountry adoption agency specializes in placing children from China, Russia, Ethiopia and other smaller Latin American countries.
Children range in age from infancy to school-age. Sibling groups, infants, toddlers, special needs children and medically fragile children are available. The children overseas reside in orphanages, foster care or private adoption houses, and each country has its own policies regarding applicant criteria, travel requirements, waiting time, etc.
A family applies and works with both The Home and the Partnership agency and fees are charged by both agencies. The Home will be the local agency conducting the home study, educational series, pre-placement coordination, post-placement supervision, finalization services, and in some cases the dossier preparation. The Partnership agency will identify the specific child, arrange for the placement, and coordinate travel arrangements (Note: The Home has specific information on the Partnership agency available which outlines countries available, fees, etc.)
Selecting a particular country or age of child is not necessary before submitting an initial application. We would be pleased to assist you in exploring the many intercountry adoption options.
We provide the following services:
- Adoption home study of prospective adoptive parent(s) and home study updates
- Assistance with obtaining necessary adoption educational series for prospective adoptive parent(s) (10 hours)
- Assistance with The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Dossier preparation services
- Pre-placement coordination
- Post-placement supervision
- Legalization of the adoption in MA after the child has been in the home for at least 6 months
- Post legalization support (see Post Adoption)